Wednesday 2 September 2015

M.A.C Mineralize Eye Shadow X4 - A Glimmer Of Gold Review

Hi Everyone,

So I haven't posted in a while as I have been so ill with my asthma. The doctors can't seem to control it and it is driving me insane! Anyway I aren't going to dwell on the negatives.. at least having time to recover has meant I can play with my eyeshadow palettes more :)

I rediscovered my MAC Mineralize palette in the back of my drawer. I couldn't remember the last time I had played around with it... so I did exactly that. All the colours in this quad are shimmery... infact that is an understatement... these bad boys like to shine! As you can see below there is a nice white/cream colour, a gold, a copper and then a black/grey.

I did my best to swatch the colours for you but for some reason they don't seem to show very well on my hand :( The white one doesn't really show as a colour it is more of a highlighter for the brow bone or even the cheek bone. I find the gold adds a subtle warm glow to my eyes.. perfect as a base or with a black liner flick over the top. The copper one is a little more deep and looks lovely all over the lid blended with the black/grey colour. 

I don't think these eye shadows are very pigmented but they are great for day time looks or to add over more intense shadows to introduce some sparkle and shimmer :)


As for the packaging I love it. I always love MAC because it is just so simple yet really effective. I love the fact that there is a mirror in the lid so you can do your eyes on the go.

I purchased this in the airport and it cost £18 so it is a little on the pricey side. The only reason I could justify the money was because of the sparkle. I would definitely recommend this to add to someones collection if they are looking for shadows that really shimmer and define.

I hope you have found this review helpful and let me know what you think of this product :)

Love
BethanyLouise xx

No comments:

Post a Comment